Objectives of the Conference
The Conference aims at bringing together academics, researchers and practitioners in the field of plant engineering with special respect to the seismic behaviour of industrial facilities. In exchanging information and experiences between theory and practice the Conference is expected to
• promote a better understanding of the seismic behaviour
of industrial facilities,
• bring out a fruitful discussion on how to deal with uncertainties
• lead to the development of efficient yet realistic computational
• offer a broad overview of International standards regarding the
seismic design of industrial facilities.
Interested authors are invited to submit an abstract by 31. January 2013. For details please take a look at Call for Papers.
With respect to the specific conditions in plant design and plant operation the following topics will be covered by the Conference:
• Application of building codes and guidelines
• Soil-structure interaction (*)
• Seismic design of non-structural components
• Seismic design of silos and liquid-filled tanks
• Performance-based design procedures
• Uncertainty and reliability analysis
• Seismic protection systems
• Learning from previous earthquakes
(*) The International Conference on Seismic Design of Industrial Facilities will also host the final symposium of the DFG-funded joint project “Complex soil-structure interaction issues” between the Institute for Earthquake Engineering of the Dalian University of Technology, China, and the Chair of Structural Statics and Dynamics of the RWTH Aachen, Germany.